Alexander Marcus BonhamAlias:
Ex MiscellaneaSecret Societies:
- Omnivision: This spell grants the caster visual perceptions that reach 360 degrees around the mage, effectively "growing eyes on the back of his head."
- Untouchable: The best policy for avoiding harm in a fight is to not be where attacks will land. This spell enables a mage to perform slight intuitive "tweaks" to the local fabric of space and slip away from hostile attention. The effect resembles something akin to the "Drunken Boxing" style of martial arts, where the mage keeps "getting lucky" as he seemingly stumbles out of the way of oncoming attacks.
- Ranged Blow: With this spell, all of the caster’s attacks temporarily (about 10 minutes) become ranged. Thus, swords and fists are as equally useful at range as a bow or gun. This spell cannot be used for blows to stretch beyond sensory range, but if one is using "Scrying" to see across great distances…
- Teleportation: This spell allows the mage to traverse space without moving and without the need of a portal. Through this spell, the mage simply appears where they mean to go, as if they had always been there.Time:
- Perfect Timing: The mage is capable of knowing the exact moment for him to act for maximum effect. When throwing a punch, he knows the perfect time to swing to do the most damage to a mobile opponent. When attempting to time a blackout during an infiltration mission, the caster knows exactly when to throw the switch to safeguard his allies.
- Temporal Dodge: The mage protects himself from harm by creating a small bubble of "warped" time, either speeding herself up or slowing others down as they approach her. These small manipulations of his immediate temporal surroundings protect him from harm by twisting the fabric of time and causing attacks to be disrupted. For example, bullets decelerate or he accelerates, thus allowing him to dodge out of the way before the bullet strikes.Personality:
Above all things, Alex is impulsive. If he had something to say, he says it. If he sees something he wants, he takes it. There are some limitations of course. He is intelligent enough to survey the situation and determine whether or not acting on these impulses will lead to him getting his ass kicked and avoids it if possible.
If given an inch, Alex will take a mile. He constantly pushes boundaries, and tests patience. He is a bright young man, not unparalleled in brilliance, but a quick learner. Unfortunately his constant detachment, boredom, and sour attitude often give the impression that he’s an imbecile.
Unfortunately Alex is not a kind person, he’s rude and abrasive and hard to get along with. Friends of his are very few and far between, but those he manages to find are treasured above all. When it comes down to it, Alex is fiercely loyal but will put any potential friend through a gauntlet to prove their resolve before he dares get attached. History:
There isn’t much to be said about Alex’s life before Columbiana. That is to say, it wasn’t much of a life and it certainly wasn’t pleasant. He was thrust into the foster system at the tender age of six. His birth parents were often absent and, when present, were downright abusive. From a young age Alex was conditioned to stay detached. The only way he knew to cope was to act out, allowing his unrestrained impulsivity to lead the way.
He was eight when he first stole from one of his foster families: a gameboy, Tetris, and a twenty dollar bill. From there it accelerated to a compulsion. The rush of adrenaline and feeling of control was a potent drug for a child who had nothing else to look forward to. His bad behavior earned him no love from his foster families. Alex was thrown into foster home after foster home. Some homes he left due to the sudden reappearance of his birth parents. Other homes couldn’t handle his defiant behavior and kicked him to the curb as soon as possible. It became a game to him, seeing how quickly he could drive foster parents insane. By the time he aged out of the system at eighteen, his record for shortest stay was a mere three hours.
Without the safety net of the foster care system, Alex was forced to couch surf and live on the street. He awakened the winter after he turned eighteen. Desperate for warmth and half starved, his powers surfaced and aided him in staying alive on the streets. Most of his food, money, and belongings were acquired through shoplifting and pickpocketing. For six months or so he sustained himself this way until he tried to pickpocket a mage.
Alex expected to receive a sound beating, but instead received charity. The mage gave him the choice between applying to Columbiana or being thrown in prison. Alex decided he preferred freedom, and so he sent in an application for admission. Despite having never been a stellar student he was surprised to receive a letter of acceptance and made his way to Columbiana immediately.