Welcome to No Books of Men! We are a modern alternate history board set in a magical school nestled in the Columbiana Valley of the Rocky Mountains. Students of the Collegium Illustrata Columbiana (commonly called simply The Academy) are free to explore their wildest imaginations in learning the mystic arts, so long as it does not jeopardize the ongoing Shadow War with the Exarchs. How will you live up to the legacies of Merlin?

darkkenchild is the Head Admin here at No Books. He enjoys long walks on the beach and debating the metaphysical underpinnings of reality, so any questions about your character , the plot of No Books, and/or how magic works on the site, please do not hesitate to ask him.

Squeeji is the head of “Human Resources” here at No Books, and responsible for pretty much everything related to our contact with the outside world. Advertising, orientation, and just about anything to do with bringing in new blood is in her wheelhouse.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Rally's Plotter
Elizabeth Wyatt
 Posted: Aug 13 2015, 11:51 PM
Thanatos
Creepy Curious Girl
Group Icon

[dohtml]<style type="text/css">
.contact { width: 280px; height: 280px; opacity: 0.0; transition-duration: 0.6s; -moz-transition-duration: 0.6s; -o-transition-duration: 0.6s; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.6s; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; overflow-y: scroll; }
.contact:hover { opacity: 0.85 }
</style>

<center>
<table><tr>
<div style="width: 300px; height: 300px; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/Rt7p9RS.png); border: 5px solid #336D51; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12px; line-height: 100%"><div class="contact"><center><a href="http://nobooksofmen.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=2134"><h1><font color=”336D51”>Elizabeth Wyatt</font></h1></a>
<i>32 . Thanatos . Graduate Student</i></center>
<br><p><font color=”336D51”><b>About:<br></b></font>
Elizabeth was raised in and around a nursing home because her mother (a CNA) could not afford traditional childcare. As a cheerful, affable child she was well liked and befriended by many of the patients there. She awakened at a young age and picked up a habit of reading memories to both entertain herself and to satisfy her curiosity.<p>
Unfortunately, friendships with the old and infirm are not bound to last long. Lissi became familiar with death and loss at a <i>very</i> early age. She quickly learned to appreciate death as an inevitability, and as a great leveler, and she decided it was not worthy of fear. There’s a certain amount of detachment that comes with understanding death, but Elizabeth has always been determined to not let herself be completely stripped of her feelings. Though she is able to buckle down when necessary, she is far from the stereotypical skulking, gloomy Necromancer.
<br><p><font color=”336D51”><b>Friends:<br></b></font>
Lissi has friends of all kinds and in all sorts of weird places. After a lifetime of living with crabby old people, she’s gotten very good at finding common ground and providing a sympathetic ear. Though she’s generally very busy with her research, she is the sort of person that will drop everything to help a friend in need. Curious to a fault, she’s always up for an adventure or investigation if she thinks she can help.
<br> <ul><b>On Good Terms</b><br>
<li>Avery Ganon: Card-playing friend
<li>Herbert Silverman: Weird acquaintance
<li>Ossian Brahne: Friend
<li>Roberta Buck: Friend
<li>Peter Linley: Mentor
</ul>
<br><p><font color=”336D51”><b>Enemies:<br></b></font>
She’s a bit too sympathetic and apologetic to make full blown enemies, but there are certainly people in the world that she doesn’t care for. Anyone who is quick to judge her for her use of death magic will get the stink eye, as will anyone who is willfully ignorant, or unnecessarily cruel. Along the same vein, while Lissi herself is careful never to be cruel when kindness will do, she does practice some things that may be considered morally questionable by other people. (Hey, sometimes sacrifices have to be made. That’s life.) She also has a tendency to meddle and is occasionally patronizing.
<br><p><font color=”336D51”><b>Romance:<br></b></font>
Elizabeth is perfectly happy by herself so she’s picky about guys she dates, though not so much in the physical sense as mentally and emotionally. Being busy with work all the time means she doesn’t have the time or desire for assholes. She’s pretty low-key about it all otherwise.
<br><p><font color=”336D51”><b>Misc:<br></b></font>
<ul>
<li>Currently lives in an apartment with her fish (Beelzebubbles), a brownie (her familiar- named Riesen,) and a ghost (Dorothy).
<li>Fair to middling piano player
<li>Always carries a few decks of cards in her gigantic purse. Skilled at: Bridge, Gin Rummy, Hearts, Go Fish, Pounce, and some others.
<li>Has a combination of blue mints, strawberry candies, and butterscotch candies in her purse and in her apartment at all times.
<li>Erased a large chunk of history from the collective unconscious of humanity in order to advance her own mystical powers. Sorrynotsorry.
</ul>
</i></div></tr>

<br>
<tr><div style="width: 300px; height: 300px; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/a6mz8FE.png); border: 5px solid #3E2E57; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12px; line-height: 100%"><div class="contact"><center><a href="http://nobooksofmen.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=2258"><span style="color:#3E2E57"><h1><b>Alexander Bonham</b></h1></span></a>
<i>19 . Ex Miscellanea . Undergraduate</i></center>
<br><p><span style="color:#3E2E57"><b>About:<br></b></span>
Alex had a rocky start in life. His birth parents were incredibly neglectful and so he was thrust into the foster system at a young age. In order to entertain himself and give himself a sense of control, he taught himself how to pickpocket and shoplift. He was a problem child and is now a problem adolescent. There is no manner of mischief he is not willing to participate in. As long as gets him attention, he’ll do it. He’s not an idiot (well, not any more of an idiot than the average teenager), but ignorance combined with impulsivity make for a bad combination.
<br><p><span style="color:#3E2E57"><b>Friends:<br></b></span>
Having never lived in the same place for very long, Alex has remained fairly detached. He doesn’t trust that people would actually want to be friends with him. Anyone who decides to stick it out is going to have to deal with a lot of Alex’s bullshit as he tests them to make sure that they’re not just messing with him. If anyone does manage to make it through the gauntlet, Alex is capable of being a good albeit slightly selfish friend. <br>
<ul><b>On Good Terms</b><br>
<li>June Sparks: Partner-in-crime
</ul>
<br><p><span style="color:#3E2E57"><b>Enemies:<br></b></span>
Suffice it to say, Alex is a little shit. He will steal your electronics and resell them to pay for his tuition, lie to you because he feels like it, and be mean just for the hell of it. There will be a lot of people that don’t care for him, some people he might get into scuffles with etc.<br>
<ul><b>On Bad Terms</b><br>
<li>Marcus Nichrest: Victim (theft)
<li>Mob of Garden Gnomes: Victims (rampage)
</ul>
<br><p><span style="color:#3E2E57"><b>Romances:<br></b></span>
Alex likes to talk like he’s an expert, but he really doesn’t know a damn thing about girls. He can hardly take care of himself let alone think about being with someone else. Anything romance with him is going to be a goddamn trainwreck, but hey sometimes trainwrecks are fun to watch.
<br><p><span style="color:#3E2E57"><b>Misc:<br></b></span>
<ul>
<li>Currently lives in the dorms.
<li>Owns two pairs of jeans, two shirts, two pairs of boxers, four pairs of socks, a hoodie, and a pair of sneakers. He’s really <i>really</i> embarrassed about it, but he can’t afford new clothes.
<li>Been in and out of juvie for a number of different crimes, mostly shoplifting with a few fistfights sprinkled about.
<li>Hates garden gnomes
</ul>

</i></div></tr>
<br>

<tr><div style="width: 300px; height: 300px; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/dHl2vIm.png); border: 5px solid #124945; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12px; line-height: 100%"><div class="contact"><center><a href="http://nobooksofmen.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=2358"><font color=”124945”><h1><b>Helene Devereaux</b></h1></font></a>
<i>63 . Winter Court . Changeling</i></center>
<br><p><font color=”124945”><b>About:<br></b></font>
Ambitious as a young girl, Helene clawed her way up to minor stardom in the 1970’s. After making her Broadway debut she caught the eye of one of the Gentry. She was unwittingly lured to Arcadia where her body was warped to suit her keeper’s fancy. Confined to a gilded cage, she was forced for decades to sing and entertain. Throughout the years her only friend was her fellow changeling, Helen. After serving their mistress for some time, the Helens hatched an escape plan and fled to Columbiana. Upon returning to reality, Helene was terrified of being found, and dismayed to find that despite Arcadia’s strange sense of time, she hadn’t retained her youth. The Helens now live together and work together for the City of Columbiana, choosing to keep mostly to themselves.
<br><p><font color=”124945”><b>Friends:<br></b></font>
Friends will probably be few and between. Her experiences in Arcadia have made her a very bitter woman. She will absolutely go out of her way to make someone’s day worse just to prove a point or to exert what little power she has. There may be a few people who have managed to flatter her enough that she shows civility, but she only has one truly close friend. That said, she's not a complete monster. if anyone is truly in need of help, she will assist but not without a lot of grumbling.
<li>Helen Desjardins: Best Friend
<li>Faye Gneiss: Temporary Ward
</ul>

<br><p><font color=”124945”><b>Enemies:<br></b></font>
There will be lots. Anyone who has ever tried to get a building permit in the town of Columbiana might be on this list. Likewise, any landowners with new buildings not up to code might dislike her. She's a stickler for the rules and carries a citation pad with her wherever she goes so that she can write tickets for the city (whether or not she technically has the authority to do so is questionable, but she will argue to the death that she does). When it comes down to it though, Helene is all hot air and is completely harmless.
<li>Noah Fenwick: "Mortal Enemy"/Neighbor
<li>Sean Callaghan: Flea-Ridden Mongrel
</ul>

<br><p><font color=”124945”><b>Romances:<br></b></font>
Helene is incredibly stubborn, selfish, guarded, and bitter. She’s certainly not going to go out looking for it on her own, but if anyone wants to try to warm the cockles of her cold, frozen heart then by all means...good luck, you’re gonna need it.
<br><p><font color=”124945”><b>Misc:<br></b></font>
<ul>
<li>Lives with her BFF Helen
<li>Has a lovely garden filled with hand-painted birdhouses and bird feeders
</ul>

</i></div></tr>

<br>

<tr><div style="width: 300px; height: 300px; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/GDrCO7G.png); border: 5px solid #212645; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12px; line-height: 100%"><div class="contact"><center><a href="http://nobooksofmen.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=2654"><font color=”212645”><h1><b>Dexter Gathers</b></h1></font></a>
<i>??? . Solificati . Alumni</i></center>
<br><p><font color=”212645”><b>About:<br></b></font>
No one knows much about Dexter’s past as he’s too paranoid to share many personal details. Truth be told, he doesn’t really remember all of his past due to some heavy, heavy drug use. He’s got a reputation for being a downright crazy conspiracy theorist and is 100% up to date on all of Columbiana’s madness. He’s certain that at some point things are going to go nuclear (probably not literally), and keeps busy apocalypse-proofing his house.
<br><p><font color=”212645”><b>Friends:<br></b></font>
Do you believe the Denver airport is actually a portal to Hell? Do you believe horses should not, under any circumstances, be trusted? Do you believe that history is written by the lizard people? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then you will find Dexter trying to recruit you to join him in the fight against the madness. Even if you only entertained these ideas for just a second, Dexter is more than willing to share his theories. He's not one to build lasting friendships, that's too risky, but he'll talk to you...and record your every word in one of his many notebooks.
<br><p><font color=”212645”><b>Enemies:<br></b></font>
Anyone who can't tolerate his particularly potent brand of crazy might land themselves in this category. Likewise, anyone who Dexter deems suspicious or anyone he suspects to be in league with Them is bound to trouble him.
<br><p><font color=”212645”><b>Romances:<br></b></font>
Hey, you know, if tin-foil hats are your thing I won’t judge. Dexter’s certifiably paranoid and isn’t likely to trust anyone too easily though.
<br><p><font color=”212645”><b>Misc:<br></b></font>
<ul>
<li>Lives by himself, trusts no one.
<li>Believes his sisters (and some members of Columbiana’s School Board) have been replaced by robots, and someday he will prove it.
<li>Member of the Watchtowers
<li>Absolutely terrified of horses.

</ul>
<br>
</i></div></tr>
<br>
<tr><div style="width: 300px; height: 300px; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/FLCBDKr.jpg); border: 5px solid #866108; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12px; line-height: 100%"><div class="contact"><center><a href="http://nobooksofmen.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=2134"><h1><span style="color:#866108">A.C. Caldwell</span></h1></a>
<i>37 . Verditius . Faculty</i></center>
<br><p><span style="color:#866108"><b>About:<br></b></span>
The only daughter in a family full of sons, from day one A.C. was one of the boys, eschewing anything feminine becuase...well, why play with barbies and wear restrictive dresses when you can run around in cargo shorts (so many pockets, omg) and hit your brothers in the gnads with a magically enhanced paintball gun. Despite being thirty seven years old, A.C. hasn’t grown up all that much. Sure she managed to secure herself a job at the Academy as the Professor of Geological Engineering, but that was only because they pay her to do what she already enjoyed doing- which is to say go hiking and poke around in dangerous areas. The reports she has to write afterwards are strictly a necessary evil. As far as teaching goes...well, she tends to pawn all but the most advanced classes off onto her graduate students. Still, she does occasionally teach higher level geology classes.
<br><p><span style="color:#866108"><b>Friends:<br></b></span>
If you have a thick skin, a love of adventure and/or drinking then you might find A.C.’s company enjoyable. She never turns away a friendly face, and has a healthy appreciation for anyone who can keep up with her shenanigans. Most of the time she can be found either spending time outdoors, tinkering with various tools she can use to make her actual job easier (laziness is the mother of invention after all), or grudgingly stuck inside at a computer.
<li>???
</ul>
<br><p><span style="color:#866108"><b>Enemies:<br></b></span>
A.C. is...well, she can be a bit of a dick to be honest. It’s not that she goes out of her way to be nasty, but she tends to be a bit abrasive and inconsiderate of others. She doesn’t move subtly through conversations so much as mow through them with sarcasm and a devil-may-care attitude.
<li>???
</ul>
<br><p><span style="color:#866108"><b>Romances:<br></b></span>
Single, will bone anyone that catches her eye. That said, if you’re packing a twig and berries between your legs, she’s probably not interested.
<br><p><span style="color:#866108"><b>Misc:<br></b></span>
<ul>
<li>???
</ul>

</i></div></tr>
</table>
<div style="font-size:6px; text-align:center;"><a href="http://rpg-directory.com/members/mickey-milkovich.9137/">♡MM</a></div>

</center>
[/dohtml]
PM »
^
Squeeji
 Posted: Sep 19 2015, 09:15 PM
:3
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

Six and Lissi: Well I suppose these two are due to meet, Six is sadly almost boring when you meet him in polite public, genial, kindly and very respectful, the perfect little white witch. You'd never expect what he's up to by just watching him (looking him is a firm maybe however, since well...he is a hell of a sight). Anyways, we can go with the nice meetup somewhere downtown, or maybe Lissi almost gets herself torn down by the Black Cats by accidentally wandering into one of their wild hunts.

Six and Helene: That said, there's no one nicer and more concerned at city council meetings then Mr. Deep, he could be and probably is a quite the ally for the Helens, he is quite the mediator, and probably always brings baked goods.

June and Alex: Train wreck meet the flaming crash. June has been a hellion since the get-go, but right now she's been acting out worse then ever given that her family has just recently fallen apart around her....and her life followed suit. Not that she'd ever complain, it just means that she's been finding ways to keep her mind occupied, and if she can bring down someone with her, great. Hopefully he can run faster then her when the cops come. Because she's not in the market for going back to jail.

I might think of a few more...I just have to do rounds again!
PM »
^
Luc Montevilliette
 Posted: Sep 24 2015, 10:31 AM
Sophia
INACTIVE

Hi Rally!

THOUGHTS:
  • Elizabeth: I totally agree that these two would (a) have reason to meet and (b) most likely get along. Luc would most likely be fascinated by the open and notorious use of necromancy -- he's Sophia, after all, and naturally sorts things into a Divine/Profane light. Given his anti-religious take on religion, he'd probably find the use of a school of magic so traditionally viewed as "evil" and "unnatural" as something to be lauded.
  • Alex: Aww, he's such an adorable total train wreck! You're right, I think, that Luc would struggle to understand someone like him -- but out of struggle comes growth, etc. If he were in one of Luc's classes, that could lead to the theft idea that you previously mentioned. Maybe he nicks something that just looks pretty, but is actually a halfway-complete experiment? Something Luc very much wants to get back? /continues the brainstorm
PM »
^
Elizabeth Wyatt
 Posted: Sep 24 2015, 04:26 PM
Thanatos
Creepy Curious Girl
Group Icon

Skipping over Squeeji ‘cause we talked on hangouts…

Elizabeth and Luc: I think she might also be interested in his view of religion, she’s of the opinion that there are higher beings out there, but that she’s not about to worship them. She and Luc can get together and wax philosophical or something. She’s got all kinds of opinions about everything (always up for a friendly debate), and likes to think of necromancy as a tool that is not inherently worse than any other type of magic.

Alex and Luc: He is a train wreck! It would definitely not be out of the realm of possibilities for him to steal an experiment (so long as it was small enough to pocket/slip inside a jacket or something). He’s probably a terrible student, I don’t think Philosophy and Theology are his thing but he might have chosen to take Latin for some reason. He’d never get his work turned in on time and would probably always be falling asleep in class.

Either thread sounds fun to me, and we can definitely do both in time. Let me know which sounds like more fun to you and then I can start us a thread (or you can start it if you’d rather).
PM »
^
Neva Gaines
 Posted: Oct 11 2015, 08:28 PM
Columbiana
Mayor of Columbiana
Group Icon

Yo! We need to do another thread sometime, now that our previous ones are finished!

Peter and Elizabeth: This one kind of goes without saying. We both enjoyed their last thread and we've bounced around a few ideas about another. Just let me know if you want to run with one of those we talked about or maybe do "something completely different."

Jen and Elizabeth: You mentioned the idea of a possessed fish before and I mentioned that Peter is unlikely to offer much in ways of assistance on the matter. Jen on the other hand, while technically an NPC, would definitely step in to help. Or rather, roll in to help after her recent run-in with a tree... Anywho, she's the master of all things spiritual in the Valley and fairly active in exorcisms when needed. A few questions around town could easily lead Elizabeth to Jen's phone number.

Steven and Elizabeth: I honestly have my doubts that Steven and Elizabeth would get along well as his social skills are nearly non-existent and his temperment often seeming quite abraisive. However, if Elizabeth is/becomes a Gardener the two would cross paths eventually. His is a noble mission and those who join his Society have to prove themselves worthy to him sooner or later. The fact that something truly enormous is building in the Valley, something sinister, he'd try to test her resourcefulness and willingness to cooperate on some mission or another fairly soon after joining.

Mund and Alex: I'm not sure how these two'd get on, especially not knowing quite how Alex views drug use, but it's easy to imagine how the two might meet. Getting in trouble at about the same time and landing at the UPD office (or worse, the Columbiana PD Station) and Mund's gregariousness might be enough to get a conversation started. After that... Who knows?

Mayor Neva Gaines and Helene: I just wanted to take a moment and mention that there will be some semi-SWP related threads coming up in the next few weeks that Helene (and Helen too!) would be fun to play out. The Mayor is nearing her breaking point regarding the supernatural beasties in the Valley and she's going to be pushing through some initiatives to quell the tide soon. Once she finds out there are some of those same beasties in her government... Well, I think you can see where a thread might be worthwhile.
PM »Email
^
Elizabeth Wyatt
 Posted: Oct 12 2015, 07:03 PM
Thanatos
Creepy Curious Girl
Group Icon

Yes! We definitely need to do another thread.

Peter and Elizabeth: I know we’d talked about her finding an artifact that might help the Order and going to him for assistance. I still know nothing about magical items in WoD or what specifically would help the Order, so I’ll need your help figuring that out. Getting to wherever said artifact is located will be tough for them since neither of them knows any space magic. Unless it’s within driving distance, a road trip with Peter would be its own special brand of hell. I’d also be up for something completely different, self defense against fresh fruit or something.

Jen and Elizabeth: Hahaha yes, I still have to decide what kind of mean, nasty, ugly thing possesses her fish/how it gets there, but I’d be up for something with them. It’ll have to be something powerful/foreign enough that Lissi can’t handle it on her own. If she hasn’t already met Jen (which is possible, since Elizabeth will pretty much talk to anyone for any reason), it would not be a stretch for her to get her phone number from someone else.

Steven and Elizabeth: Well, she saved Peter and re-killed Xoca so right now she’s got a 50% success rate dealing with abrasive guys. She probably won’t like Steven, but if they have a common goal she shouldn’t have too much trouble cooperating. At this point I’m certain she’ll join the Gardeners, it’s just a matter of me figuring out the circumstances. I’d definitely be up for throwing them into a mission of some sort.

Mund and Alex: Alex has nooooo problems with drug use, in fact I’m sure he’d love to participate, but he can’t afford the habit. He’s completely broke to the point of feeling he has to steal to make ends meet. They could end up in trouble together, Alex’s MO is usually pickpocketing or burglary, but he avoids direct confrontation for the most part. It might be a bit like pulling teeth in the beginning, but Mund’s laid back attitude should be enough to take the edge off Alex’s angst and get him talking.

Neva and Helene: Yessssss. Helene is all about trying to lay low, live her life, and pretend like she’s a normal person (while also being a colossal pain in the ass because her job gives her a tiny bit of power she wouldn’t have otherwise). She hates being a changeling and doesn’t want to be discovered or bothered and she certainly doesn’t want to lose her job. Seriously, they’d have to pry that job out of her cold, dead, claws.

So yeah, all of them are awesome ideas and I’d love to write any of them. If you have a preference one way or the other, let me know.
PM »
^
Walter von Richtofen
 Posted: Dec 8 2015, 05:36 PM
Solificati
Groundsman
Group Icon

Walt and Everyone(!?):
Strangely, I think Walt could work with each of these characters. His nature, while not passive, allows him to keep his beliefs and prejudices to himself and let the other person do most of the talking. That means, he will rarely denigrate the views or values of others. That said, if pushed, he will speak his mind rather bluntly, and that can just plain annoy some people.

Above all, Walter knows he doesn't have all the answers. His is but one of many routes up the mountain. Sometimes, just to reassure himself his life is still the best route for him, he likes to hang around with people who are different.

PM »Email
^
Elizabeth Wyatt
 Posted: Dec 8 2015, 09:53 PM
Thanatos
Creepy Curious Girl
Group Icon

Walt and Everyone:
If you don't have any specific character you'd prefer I'll go with Dexter since I haven't used him yet. It's very much possible for them to run into each other somewhere, and I've kinda got an idea starting to form so if that sounds good to you I can go ahead and start a thread for us.
PM »
^
Walter von Richtofen
 Posted: Dec 10 2015, 07:54 AM
Solificati
Groundsman
Group Icon

I was actually thinking of Dexter. I think Walt would like him. Available to thread with them whenever you're free.
PM »Email
^
Alexander Bonham
 Posted: Dec 10 2015, 10:16 AM
Ex Misc
Advanced Member
Group Icon

PM »
^
June Sparks
 Posted: Dec 20 2015, 10:49 PM
Mennina
The Whirlwind
Group Icon

We should definitely have June talk...ie, get on Lissi's case for sniffing around for information about Ron, have you ever gotten stopped by a werewolf in the pale moonlight? Because there's a good chance that Lissi could lol!
PM »
^
Elizabeth Wyatt
 Posted: Dec 21 2015, 11:13 AM
Thanatos
Creepy Curious Girl
Group Icon

Yaaaaas! This needs to happen. I'm down with starting a thread, or you can, either way is cool with me.
PM »
^
June Sparks
 Posted: Dec 21 2015, 10:14 PM
Mennina
The Whirlwind
Group Icon

It will definitely happen sooner if you start it, but I promise to hit it up when I'm on the train! I'm sure knowing June she'll ambush her somewhere less then public for the sake of the situation.
PM »
^
Berlinetta Biancardi
 Posted: Jan 5 2016, 02:17 AM
Diedne
Southern Shaman

Berlinetta & Elizabeth
I think the two of them would at least be familiar with one another, perhaps not the closest of friends, but certainly acquaintances. I am unsure what the nature of their friendship would be, but I do see the two of them getting along. I suppose that while Elizabeth had grown up around aging geriatric patients, Berlinetta grew up in cemeteries talking to spirits, so they are both "odd" in their own rights.

Berlinetta & Alexander
I think these two would know of one another, especially considering his "behavioral problems." Berlinetta works next to Columbiana's equivalent of a Guidance Counsellor and it is for that reason that I suspect that these two will have a great deal of interaction. Given Berlinetta's propensity for learning about people and their behaviors, I could see these two growing into friends, even though I suspect the beginnings of any type of friendship will be rocky at first. I think, though, that Alexander could come to learn that Berlinetta can indeed be a good friend.

PM »
^
Rally
 Posted: Jan 5 2016, 06:21 PM
N/A
N/A

Berlinetta and Elizabeth: I could definitely see the two of them getting along, quite well in fact. They have similar temperaments and I read in your plotter that Berlinetta enjoys tea and conversation, Lissi is currently in a thread where she invited a panicking Werewolf in for tea and candy, so that sort of stuff is right up her alley, lol. Their skillsets don’t necessarily overlap (with Berlinetta focusing on spirits and Lissi with ghosts) but they’re along the same vein so they could definitely relate to one another. Right now Elizabeth is focused on nipping a demon problem in the bud, which has some interesting ethical considerations (like, if killing the demon’s human host would keep the demon from getting loose, should it be done? What if it might not help at all?) I could see her wanting to pick Berlinetta’s brain, get an outside perspective on the situation regardless of whether or not they’d actually agree.

Berlinetta and Alexander: Hahaha, they’d definitely know each other. I’m guessing Alex probably drags his feet every time he has to see a guidance counsellor. Getting him to talk is like pulling teeth though. He kind of has an attitude of, “if you’re not helping me have fun then you’re boring and I don’t want to talk to you.” There’s also a strong possibility he’s in Berlinetta’s class (he tried to steal an ethics textbook from the campus bookstore and failed due to a loss-revention hex). He doesn’t slack when it comes to school work, but I don’t think he really participates in class either so she could always pull him aside for a chat after class or call him out in the middle of class or something?
PM »
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll