Welcome to No Books of Men! We are a modern alternate history board set in a magical school nestled in the Columbiana Valley of the Rocky Mountains. Students of the Collegium Illustrata Columbiana (commonly called simply The Academy) are free to explore their wildest imaginations in learning the mystic arts, so long as it does not jeopardize the ongoing Shadow War with the Exarchs. How will you live up to the legacies of Merlin?

darkkenchild is the Head Admin here at No Books. He enjoys long walks on the beach and debating the metaphysical underpinnings of reality, so any questions about your character , the plot of No Books, and/or how magic works on the site, please do not hesitate to ask him.

Squeeji is the head of “Human Resources” here at No Books, and responsible for pretty much everything related to our contact with the outside world. Advertising, orientation, and just about anything to do with bringing in new blood is in her wheelhouse.

Add Reply
New Poll

Clara's Plotter
Veronica Bell
 Posted: Jan 13 2016, 06:25 AM
N/A
Group Icon

user posted image
Veronica Bell

She is 27 years old, Sleeper and a Private Investigator.
Her job puts her in boring/embarrassing/dangerous situations...it depends what the job is all about, but sometimes even just a cheating check can turn out bad.
However, I'd like her to end up in some trouble because of her job, maybe she finds out too much, or just enough, to end up in someone's bad side.
Or, someone could hire her but with the intention to put her in danger.
But normal threads are okay too, like going to the cinema or a concert, just normal scenarios.
Stuff like that, of course I'm open to everything, those are just basic ideas!

PM »
^
Rally
 Posted: Jan 15 2016, 03:25 AM
N/A
N/A

Alex and Veronica: Alex is a little shit who likes to pickpocket and swiping electronics when their owners aren’t looking. If Verionica is a PI she’s likely to have a lot of really nice camera equipment which might catch his eye. He doesn’t have to be successful of course, but if you feel like making Veronica have a bad day...Alex is your guy.

Dexter and Veronica: The valley’s resident conspiracy theorist. He does his fair share of investigating/stalking. I could see him trying to get her to help investigate one of his crazy conspiracies.

A.C. and Veronica: A.C. is a tomboy and she loves LOVE paintball (I think she’s got some magically enhanced paintball guns laying around somewhere. I think they’d probably get along well. As for how to put them in a thread together, A.C. is in a January event thread here. The basic idea is that she’s going to try to teach everyone who shows up some basic winter wilderness survival skills, but who knows what kind of weird trouble they’ll run into in the woods...
PM »
^
darkkenchild
 Posted: Jan 15 2016, 04:47 PM
Hermes
Man with a Plan
Group Icon

Crystal and Veronica: Chrys is strange and she has a bit of a reputation as such in the Valley. Sure, everyone in the Valley is a little bit strange in some way or another, but she stands out even from the typical oddness. All it would take is someone with a little bit too much curiosity to hire someone to look into her. Chrys has a powerfully important reason to keep her secrets and won't take too kindly to someone snooping around if she found out...

Steven and Veronica: Steven on the other hand is the sort who tends to hire a P.I. Granted, he doesn't often hire non-Mages because of the sorts of things he needs investigated. If the need arose and his usual spies were unable or unwiling to do a job he needs done he'd hire an outside contractor. Indeed, it might be him who hires Veronica to spy on Chrys. If things go sour, on that or another job, Veronica may have words with Steven. Or he has words with her if he were unhappy with the results.

Eli/Elia Morris and Veronica: {This is an NPC suggestion} This is one where she might be curious enough to check things out on her own. About a year and a half ago, these two appeared out of nowhere. No records of them existing before that point. With some digging, she might find mention of some of their anscestors, of the same name no less, from the 1700s but nothing since then. Strangely enough, even after their sudden appearance, the two have never been seen together despite supposedly being siblings...

Sal and Veronica: Sal is up to something. Everyone in town knows it, but no one knows what he's planning. This one is a big dangling plot thread and one that could have countless leads for her to follow to his doorstep. If you're interested, let me know and we can hash out which led her to him. She could even find multiple threads and that could lead to her following up...
PM »
^
Veronica Bell
 Posted: Jan 16 2016, 07:42 PM
N/A
Group Icon

Thank you both!! I sent to both of you a PM! :
PM »
^
Waverly Brint
 Posted: Mar 17 2016, 03:53 PM
Ogre
Courtless Ogress
Group Icon

A private investigation plot sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I just got done watching Jessica Jones on Netflix so definitely feel motivated to write about it. I still don't really understand PIs do exactly even after multiple google searches. Waverly could have an investigation going on against her or perhaps she could be source of information in one of Veronica's ongoing investigations.

I could brainstorm a little further if you're interested.
PM »
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll